Here’s an easy-peasy headline writing technique you can use right away…
Why use headlines?
Headlines are vital for attracting people’s attention, to compel them to read your marketing messages. You use headlines for:
- Website content: every page should have a heading… which should be a headline.
- Email newsletters: the ‘Subject’ line is actually a headline, and has a big influence on your email newsletter open rates.
- Blog and news articles: these definitely need great headlines to compel readers to read on!
- Brochures: again, headlines compel people to pick up your brochure and want to read more.
- Advertisements: a stand-out headline is a must for both print and online advertisements.
There are lots of headline writing techniques out there, but this one is probably the easiest to learn… and it works really well.
Step 1: Ask a question
Step 2. Use the word ‘you’ in your question
Step 3: The question should address a problem that your prospect is experiencing
Example: the the intro to this video uses this technique! It is:
Are you struggling to write an attention-grabbing headline?
So next time you need to write a headline, see if you can use this headline writing technique.
Next, review your existing marketing materials (printed and online) and give them a re-vamp by writing a catchy headline.