Happy (belated) new year! I’ve been working through the holidays on lots of exciting new projects…
Magazine editing and layout
As the editor of Richmond Yacht Club’s quarterly magazine, I do all the layout work – as well as editing articles and contributions.
You can download and read ‘Plain Sailing’ magazine in PDF format from http://richmondyc.org.nz/social/plain-sailing/
Website article writing
Property management articles – these are working really well for my client in terms of SEO and also converting readers into prospects and clients:
- Pre-tenancy cleaning: Demonstrate what you are delivering
- Is your tenant-phobia affecting your property investment’s profitability?
- What is property management? And should you self-manage or engage a Property Manager?
Recruitment and HR:
Website design, copywriting and photography
Just launched: a brand new website for Peninsula Marine Services – made by me (www.WebsitesByCornelia.co.
Website project management
These websites were actually launched last year, but as I haven’t mentioned them here before, here they are now!
Both websites have complex functionality in terms of the directory listings system, and the subscription system (both of which are e-commerce enabled). The websites are fully responsive and were created by the talented Trisha Cupra at Quokka Creative.
My role was to project manage the site, which included:
- Scoping the requirements of the new website.
- Ensuring that existing content from the legacy websites were transferred over.
- Scope and set up the SEO of the new websites.
- Develop and implement online advertising options, and creating an online media kit with ad specifications etc.
- Test the new websites.
- Launch the websites internally, including training staff on how it all works. This included face-to-face training; writing training notes; and creating video screencasts.
- Launch the websites to my client’s customers via email, informing them of the new features and functions.
- Ensuring the sites were delivered on time and to budget.
The new websites have proven to be very profitable for my client; the new sites paid for themselves within a few months of launching.
A corporate client liked the initial website audit I did so much, that they ordered 2 more for their other websites!
All 3 website audits contained a Website Effectiveness Report (where I look at SEO and conversion factors), as well as a Statistics Summary Report (a plain English review of what’s happening in Google Analytics).
Email newsletter copywriting and set-up in MadMimi
I work on lots of email newsletters each month, here’s one of the nicest looking ones I’ve done recently. I wrote the content, created the graphics, created the layout, and set it up for sending.